Collection of Personal Data
To enable us to comply with our corporate policies in relation to data subjects as well as with the requirements under the Data Privacy Act, it is important that we collect, use, store and retain your personal data only as is reasonable and necessary for a declared and specific purpose stated in the pertinent consent forms.
In general, we are using your data for any of the following purposes:
- To perform functions necessary to deliver the services offered by the hotel;
- To maintain quality service, monitor the security and provide support services timely and efficiently;
- To respond to specific complaints, inquiries, request or manage future interactive user function, it may be necessary to ask for personal information;
- To notify and update you (through call, text or email) about our complimentary, commercial and promotional advertisements, loyalty and rewards offers, exclusive invites, discounts, surveys, and other direct marketing that we deemed relevant and beneficial to you based on your preference and interest initially provided to us or made aware of, with which you can opt-out anytime should you prefer not to receive these notifications;
- During events we may obtain your personal information or take a picture of attendees which may be used for documentation and reporting for internal purposes. Also, we may use these pictures for our promotional activities and advertisement in social media pages and websites. We assure you that we treat all of our customers’ information confidential and we will prevent any unauthorized disclosure of it by our employees or any third party;
- To serve as a historical or statistical basis when conducting research and analysis in order to improve customer experience and satisfaction;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements or obligations; and
- To perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required under the law or regulations
Other uses by nature of our transactions
In addition, from the general uses mentioned above, we may use your personal information depending on your transactions with us for any of the following means:
A) When you become our guest:
- Enable us to verify your identity upon booking through call, e-mail, fax, or online, i.e. through our website, global distribution system or online travel agencies;
- Register you on our Genesis HMS System to process and track your reservation;
- Share your information to our recognized service provider to provide you with a confirmation letter containing your reference number when you book through call, e-mail or fax;
- Track your request to enable us to provide services that would satisfy your preferences;
- Contact you in order to provide us any feedback with regard to your stay in our hotel;
- Enable us to verify your identity upon reporting of an accident or injury, complaint or incident, and lost or damaged property;
- Assess the details and perform necessary investigation with regard to your report. Share your information to the department/s involved in the report. Notify and update you about the progress of the report. Address your concerns and document the report for internal reporting purposes;
- Notify and update you about our new promotions and upcoming events; and
- Serve as a reference when you avail discounts or rewards and for financial transactions or billing purposes
B) When you want to become a part of our team:
- Consider and evaluate your suitability for the position you are applying for;
- Communicate with you the progress of your employment application;
- Register you in our system, i.e. HRIS, to track your employee records;
- Process your data necessary for your employment such as, but not limited to, payroll, benefits application, allowances and refunds processing, tax processing, retirement benefits, and other purposes that may demand processing of your personal data;
- Enroll employee dependent/s under the HMO program of the Company;
- Conduct performance evaluation and career development programs; and
- Perform any other action as deemed to be necessary to implement the terms and conditions of our employment agreement
C) When you are our regular supplier or a potential supplier:
- Register you as our supplier of the Company’s products or services;
- Evaluate the feasibility of your proposal whether it is congruent with our defined standards;
- Monitor your activities and performances whether it is consistent with the agreed terms;
- Serve as a reference for financial transactions or billing purposes; and
- Perform any other action as deemed to be necessary to implement the terms and conditions of our supplier agreement
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT ARE COLLECTED
What are the actual information we collect?
Following are the list of personal information that we collect:
- Personal information like full name, home/billing/shipping address, personal emails, employment information, phone/telephone and other personal contact numbers;
- We also gather your sensitive personal information like age, nationality, marital status, gender, health, education and government issued identification document which may include, but not limited to identity (ID) cards, licenses, passports, TIN, Pag-ibig, Philhealth and social security number;
- Our employee’s employment record such as educational background, employment history, certifications, trainings attended, resume and salary/income information of previous jobs; and
- We also collect your financial details such as credit card and debit card information you have provided for our transaction
- We want you to be responsible of ensuring that all data, whether personal information, sensitive personal information or privileged information, you submit to the Hotel is correct, appropriate and up-to-date.
How do we collect personal information from people?
- We collect your personal information when you fill-out forms such as, but not limited to, Employment Application Form, Guest Complaint and Foodborne Incident Record, Guest Accident/Injury Report, Guest Property Lost/Damage Investigation Report, Guest Consultation Form, Guest Registration Form, Credit Card Authorization Form and Hotel Reservation Form.
- Encode your data on our system, i.e. Genesis HMS, or encode your data online through our company website, global distribution system or online travel agencies;
- Disclose your personal information through phone calls, emails, SMSs or verbal communication with our authorized representatives;
- Submit copies of government issued documents or ID, credit card and other supporting documents; and
- Provide your information to third parties such as Associated Medical & Clinical Services, Inc. and Government Agencies
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
How do we protect your personal data?
The Company (MANDARIN PLAZA HOTEL) has instituted policies and procedures which intend to protect personal data which it has collected and continues to collect. These include securing any document containing personal data in paper and electronic formats, including databases, and limiting access to personnel who have a legitimate interest in them for the purpose of carrying out their duties in delivering the services. Below are the following measures that we take to protect your data:
- We are using a secured server behind firewall, using encryption on computing devices and physical security controls.
- Provides restriction on accessing your personal data only to qualified and authorized personnel who hold your personal data with strict confidentiality.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign-off when finished using a shared computer.
- While there will always be a risk of unauthorized disclosure of personal data, Mandarin Plaza Hotel believes that the foregoing safeguards are sufficient to prevent the occurrence of such risk and is committed to updating and improving such safeguards in order to protect your personal data in compliance with the Data Privacy Act.
LOCATION AND RETENTION PERIOD OF PERSONAL DATA
Where do we store the personal information that we have collected/processed and how long do we keep the data?
We will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for five years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. However we may keep it longer in order to response to any questions or complaints. By the time that your data will no longer be used/needed we delete it from our systems and records.
We stored your personal data in our facilities located in the Philippines, it is retained in accordance with industry standards, laws and regulations.
Data Subject Rights under the Data Privacy Act
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the Data Privacy Act:
b. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. You will be given an option or opportunity to withhold your consent to the processing of your personal data whenever Mandarin Plaza Hotel communicates with you;
c. You have the right to have reasonable access to your personal data by notifying our Data Protection Officer;
d. You have the right to rectify or correct any inaccuracy or error in your personal data by submitting your request for rectification or correction to our Data Protection Officer;
e. You have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data in accordance with the requirements of the Data Privacy Act. Please notify our Data Protection Officer if you wish to exercise this right;
f. You have the right to obtain a copy of your data in an electronic or structured format if the same is processed by electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format by submitting your request to our Data Protection Officer; and
g. You have the right to be indemnified if you incur damages due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of your personal data.
Mandarin Plaza Hotel
Archbishop Reyes Ave. Cor. Escario St. Cebu City, Cebu Philippines 6000
(032) 266 1111